Sunday, September 7, 2008

Something that keeps popping up into my head.

There's something strange about suddenly living 24/7 in a place where almost everyone is smarter and more mature than you are.

I mean, in one sense it's pretty awesome because there are so many things to learn and so many things to challenge me. There's no doubt that from an academic and spiritual standpoint, this is the best place in the world to be.

On the other hand, though, I think it's ended up making me somewhat timid and reserved. Suddenly, I feel like the least important, least interesting, and most unwise guy around. As if I have nothing noteworthy to bring to the table, nothing to offer to others.


Not too much more than a thought...maybe I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

1 comment:

Liz Thatcher said...

I totally know how you feel! I've been a lot quieter here then I have ever been before! It makes me sad, but all the people I don't know is overwhelming big time.